MY BEACH MY SAFETY
If you are planning to travel to Phuket under the Test&Go scheme and are looking for more information, please visit our Test & Go FAQ Page.
As it has always been, the safety and wellbeing of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. With the impact of COVID-19, there have been heightened interests from consumers in hygiene and safety resulting in new norms.
In preparation to welcome travellers back to our resort, we have developed a program that redefines the clean and safety standards to ensure guests are able to enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay. Built upon our high standards of housekeeping and hygiene, this program will impact every step of the guest journey, from arrival to departure, which will include:
Temperature Checks – all guest, staff and visitors will be required to have their body temperature checked when entering the resort. Those with a temperature at or over 37.5°C will be subject to secondary screening. Those confirmed to have a temperature at or over 37.5°C will undergo further medical assessment and be directed to appropriate medical care.
Protective Equipment – it is mandatory for all guest, staff, and visitors to wear a face mask when at the resort’s public spaces. The resort will prepare a My Care personal care amenity kit for guests in all guest rooms, which will consist of a personal face mask and alcohol gel.
Public Area Cleanliness
– Increase frequency of cleaning public areas with hospital-grade disinfectants, especially at high-touch surfaces.
– Fitness Centre will be closed for cleaning multiple times daily.
– Hand sanitizing stations will be available in all public areas of the resort including entrances, near the front desk, corridors, restaurants, and fitness centre.
– Disinfecting wipes for guests will be provided at the fitness centre and swimming pool area.
Front Desk: Staff utilize every other workstation to ensure 1.5 meters of separation whenever possible. For additional separation, transparent barriers have been installed in front desk area. Front desk agents will wear face shields and masks.
– Lobby Area: Guests will be reminded to maintain physical distance by staff and reinforced with clear signages.
– Guest Queuing: All areas where guests queue are marked to indicate proper distancing. This includes the front desks, resort facilities, and restaurants.
– Restaurants and Bars: All restaurants and bars arranged with reduced seating capacity to ensure appropriate distancing between each seated group of guests traveling together.
– Swimming Pools: Sunbeds configured to allow at least 1.5 meters of separation between every family or couple.
– Fitness Centre: Limitation on number of guests to use the fitness centre at one time.
– Heart of House: Physical distancing protocols are used at all staff back areas.
Stay Safe Guestroom
– Check-in procedure will be with minimum contact and room key cards are disinfected before handing over to guests.
– Room seals are placed on guest room doors to ensure rooms have not been accessed from the time they have been cleaned.
– High-touch areas including light switch, door handles, TV remotes, temperature controller, water tap, toilet, shower door, refrigerator and utensils are sanitized.
– Sheets and linens are machine washed at a minimum of 70°C and properly sealed.
– Room cleaning time is pre-communicated with guests in order to reduce contact.
– The resort follows guidelines and is certified by the Ministry of Public Health on food safety and hygiene.
– Breakfast is pre-ordered daily with options of service at the restaurant or in-room at an indicated time in a special packaging.
– In-room dining: In-room dining menus removed from guestrooms and are accessible through QR code. Room service orders will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact.
– Additional Training: our staff will receive additional training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols. Advance training is required for those with frequent guest contact including housekeeping, food & beverage, public areas, resort operations and security. Staff are reminded to stay home if they do not feel well and are also instructed on proper procedures if they notice a co-worker or guest with flu-like symptoms.
– Staff Protective Equipment: Appropriate protective equipment will be provided to and worn by all staff based on their role and responsibilities. Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them. This includes front office, housekeeping and public area attendants who are in direct contact with guests.
– Back of House: The frequency of cleaning and disinfecting has been increased in back of house areas with an emphasis on staff dining areas, staff entrances, uniform control rooms, locker rooms, restrooms, offices, kitchens, service desks, and training classrooms.
– Shared Equipment: Shared tools and equipment will be sanitized before, during, and after each shift or when the equipment is transferred to a new staff. This includes phones, computers and other communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen tools, engineering tools, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks, and all other direct contact items used throughout the resort.
As we prepare to welcome guests back to our resort, we want our guests to feel confident that a safe and hygienic environment that aligns with expert protocols in working to defeat COVID-19 awaits. Thank you for your trust in our resort.